Abdul Kalam Biography A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Birth October 15, 1931, Rameswaram, Tamilnadu
His death July 27, 2015, Shillong, Meghalaya. He worked as a former President of India.
As a scientist and engineer. he is known as the Defense Research and Development Organization
And worked on several important projects of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Abdul Kalam was a noted Indian soul and eleventh President of India. He worked in some of the most important organizations in the country such as DRDO and ISRO. He conjointly contend a crucial role within the 1998 Pokhran II nuclear check. Dr Kalam was conjointly related to India’s program and missile development program.
This is why he’s conjointly referred to as ‘Missile Man’ In 2002, Kalam was elected President of India and And After serving for a period of 5 years, he returned to teaching, writing, and public service. He was honored with several prestigious awards including India’s highest civilian honor, Bharat Ratna.
Talk about early life.
Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu in a Muslim family. His father Zainul Abidin was a sailor And his mother, Aashiammaa, was a Housewife. The status of his family wasn’t well
That’s why they had to work from an early age For the financial support of his father. After the school, newspapers used to do distribution work.
Abdul kalam was general in studies in his school days. But they were always ready and ready to learn new things. They had a hunger to learn and they used to spend hours on studies. He completed his schooling from Ramanathapuram Schwartz matric faculty And then enrolled at St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirapalli.
From where he graduated in Physics in 1954. After that he went to Madras in 1955 From where he received the education of aerospace engineering.Also Read-Aurangzeb The sixth and last dominant ruler.
In the year 1960 Kalam completed engineering studies from the Madras Institute of Technology.
After completing engineering studies from the Madras Institute of Technology. Abdul kalam has been recruited as a scientist in the Defense Research and Development Organization. Kalam started his career by coming up with alittle eggbeater for the Indian Army. Dr.kalam was not satisfied with his work in the DRDO .
Dr Abdul kalam was also a member of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s ‘Indian National Committee for Space Research’ During this he got an opportunity to work with famous space scientist Vikram Sarabhai In the year 1969. he was transferred to Indian Space Research Organization ISRO.
Here he was appointed as Director of Satellite Launch Vehicle Project of India. As a results of the success of this project India’s first satellite ‘Rohini’ was established in the orbit of Earth in the year 1980. Joining ISRO was the most important turning point of Abdul kalam‘s career.
And when he started work on the satellite launch vehicle project. Then they felt like they are doing the same thing in. which they feel their mind During 1963-64. he also traveled to America’s space station NASA Nuclear scientist King Ramanna, under whose supervision India tested the first nuclear.
Kalam was called in to see nuclear tests in Pokhran in 1974.
Dr. Kalam became very famous in India by his actions and successes in the seventies and eighties. Their names were counted among the country’s largest scientists. His fame had increased so much .Then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, without the approval of her cabinet. He was allowed to work on some secret projects.
Government of India initiates ambitious ‘Integrated Guided Missile Development Program’ Under the supervision of Dr. Abdul kalam. He was the chief executive of this project. This project has given missile like fire and earth to the country. Dr Kalam, Prime Minister’s Scientific Advisor from July 1992 to December 1999.
And was the secretary of the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). India had conducted its second nuclear test at this time. He played an important role in it R. Chidambaram With Dr. Kalam was the coordinator of this project. Also Read about-History of india, the ancient history.
Media coverage made during this time made him the country’s largest nuclear scientist
In 1998. Dr. Kalam together with heart physician Soma Raju developed a low cost ‘coronary stent’ It was named ‘Kalam-Raju Stent’ And friends, if talked about as the President of India.
the coalition government made him the presidential candidate in the year 2002.
As a defense scientist, his accomplishments and fame In wake of N.D.A. the coalition government made him the presidential candidate in the year 2002. He defeated his rival Lakshmi Sehgal by a huge margin
And took oath as India’s 11th President on July 25, 2002. Dr.
Kalam was such a third President of the country Who had already been honored by Bharat Ratna. even before becoming President Earlier Dr. Radhakrishnan and Dr. Zakir Hussain. before becoming President Bharat Ratna was honored During his tenure.
he was called ‘President of the public’ At the end of his tenure. he also expressed his desire for another term Due to lack of opinion in political parties. they abandoned the idea Once again at the end of 12th President Pratibha Patil’s tenure.
His name was discussed in the form of the next possible president But because of lack of consensus. he abandoned the idea of his candidate. After retirement from the presidency Dr.Abdul kalam was busy doing tasks like teaching, writing, guidance and research.
Indian Institute of Management, Shillong, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Indore, Being associated with institutions like Visiting Professors. Apart from this, He is from Indian Science Institute Bangalore,
Fellow, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. Anna University In Chennai.
He was also a professor of aerospace engineering.
He is an IIT Hyderabad, Benaras Hindu University and Anna University also taught information technology. Dr.Kalam always talked about improving the youth of the country and their future. In this regard, he also started the “What Can I of dear ones and loved ones.
initiative for the youth of the country Whose purpose is to eradicate corruption. Looking at the popularity of the youth of the country Give them 2 times ‘M.T.V. Youth Icon of the Year Award. ‘ Hindi film ‘I am Kalam’, which was released in 2011, is influenced by her life In addition to education.
Read More About-Red fort information,when and who built red fort.
Dr. Kalam has written several books which are prominent India 2020. A Vision for the New Millennium,’ Wings of fireside An Autobiography’, ‘Eagle Minds Analyashing the Power Within India’, ‘Mission India’, ‘Indomitable Spirit’ Etc. He wrote these books.
For his work done for nation and society, Dr. Abdul kalam was honored with many awards. Approximately 40 universities gave him the honorary doctorate title. And the Government of India gave him Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan , Bharat Ratna decorated with India’s largest civilian honor.
In Indian Institute of Management, Shillong, on July 27, 2015 During the teaching work. he suffered a heart attack After that millions of dear ones and loved ones went to Dr. Abdul Kalam, died.
- In 1990 he was awarded the Padma Bhushan.
- 1990 he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan.
- 1994, the Institute of Directors fellow gives equal rights.
- 1997, the Indian government gave him Bharat Ratna.
- 1997, he received the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration.
- 1998, he received the Veer Savarkar Award by the Government of India.
- the year 2000, he got the Ramanujan Award which was given by the Alwar Research Center in Chennai.
- 2007, he was awarded the honorary doctorate of science by Wolver Hampton University, Britain.
- the year 2007, he was awarded the Charles II Medal of the Royal Society, Britain.
- 2008, he was given the Doctor of Engineering by Nanyang University of Technology, Singapore.
- 2009, the California Institute of Technology, United States
International Karman Won Wings Award.
- 2009, he got the Hoover Medal from the US.
- 2009, He got honorary doctorate from the University of Auckland.
- 2010, he was given the Doctor of Engineering Waterloo University.
- 2011, IEEE, They received IEEE membership.
- 2012, he received Doctor of Law from Simon Fraser University.
- in 2014, Britain of University Edinburgh awarded them the Doctor of Science Award.
some intresting fact about abdul kalam.
- who ferried the pilgrims between Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi During the Second World War. he was ten years old and studying 3rd classn He remembered that he was little frightened at that time. as the war had almost reached the doors of rameswaram.
- Dr.Kalam was very active on social media. His twitter account had more than 1.4 million followers and he followed a total of 38 people and one among them was former Indian cricketer V.V.S Laxman.
- Dr.Abdul kalam was a fan of cricket and whenever Indian team plays he will constantly ask for score updates He is also fond of our ex- captain M.S.DHONI.
- Among all the presidents INDIA had, only Dr.kalam is unmarried.
- While Dr.kalam was the President, he went to address around 400 students at a school function. Unfortunately power went off. when he was about to start his speech Making no complaints ,our man asked students to gather around him and started addressing them.
- He is a fond of both Bhagavad gita & Quran and read them multiple times.
- He was also expert in playing Veena as well.
- Dr.kalam was a strict vegetarian
and like everyone of us he was very fond of his mother’s cooked food
especially sambar, coconut chutney, vendhya kozhambu, and puliyodare.
- Dr.kalam’s mentor was Dr.Vikram sarabhai (the father of INDIA’s space program)
Apart from him, he was also inspired by professor Satish Dhawan and Dr. Brahm prakash.
- When he was the president of INDIA, he used to donate all his savings for the
social cause PURA (providing urban amenities in rural areas) which is a strategy for rural development in INDIA.
- In 2011 he was frisked at JFK airport and later U.S government apologized to Dr.Kalam for not following the suitable procedures for speeded up screening of dignitaries.
In 2001, when he was flying from Ranchi to Bokaro in helicopter. the cock pit crew informed him there is an issue in helicopter’s rotor and its a death alarm But Dr.Kalam surprised them with his signature smile and advised the two pilots not to worry.
- Dr.Kalam supported the abolition of the death penalty.
He said that when he was The president , he went through a lot of pain while deciding the mercy petitions of death row convicts.
- Following his death, The Tamil Nadu state government announced that his birthday, 15 October would be determined across the state as “youth renaissance day” and conjointly instituted “Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award’’ which will be awarded every year on Independence day.
- He installed a Manipuri style hut at the Rashtrapati Bhavan during his tenure as the president of INDIA.
He used to sit there in the mornings and evenings and fondly referred to it as- “thinking hut.”
The hut was demolished after he left the Rashtrapathi Bhavan.
- Dr.Kalam was honored with doctorates from 40 universities.
- Inspired by his life, a bollywood movie was made with the title “I am Kalam” in 2011.
- Dr.kalam’s visit to European nation is commemorated as science day within the country
This declaration of honor was made by the Swiss government after the sad demise of this great personality.
- Dr.Abdul kalam was awarded the MTV-YOUTH ICON AWARD twice in 2003 and 2006.
- When Dr.Kalam was working at DRDO, he rejected a proposal to position broken glass on the walls of the establishment to forestall break-ins Dr.Abdul kalam said the broken glass would be harmful for the birds that perch on the walls. so He accustomed write his own many thanks cards with personalized messages.
So friend, It was the information about Biography A.P.J.of Abdul Kalam. share your friends. Jai Hind.